Sunday 12 June 2011

... 71


Yesterday was hellish. I felt like an animal trapped in the middle of a raging fire. It’s been long since I last felt so destructively hopeless; so long I’d almost forgot how it felt but it isn’t something one can forget for good. Sometimes a spark is all it takes to ignite a memory lingering in a dark corner of the mind-the skeleton closet, the locked attic, the haunted house that no one is supposed to enter for an evil sleeps in there, waiting to be unleashed. Yesterday that evil proved itself to be very much alive and kicking eating my heart out. “Who needs a heart when…” Well, I do. Reason is what tells what is right for you. Heart is what tells what is right; period. Mercy is the essence of humanity-to spare what/who you have the power to destroy, to raise a hand not to hit but to help. Why am I willing to show mercy to anyone else but myself?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home