Thursday 25 August 2011

... 86

Did you know that Facebook help center provides an answer to the question “How do I help someone who has posted suicidal content on the site?” I didn’t but today that was one of the suggested topics I got while looking for something completely different.

I wonder if I were determined to finish myself off would I bother to announce it? But I can understand why some would give it a shot and squeeze the last drop of hope that a reason to go on with living might come to the rescue at the last second Hollywood style. It’s melodramatic but then again we all would like to think we write our own scripts and no one would run away from a happy ending.

But that could also backfire. Imagine you’re on the edge-do I do it? do I not? You manifest your confusion as an invitation to any helping hand that would reach out and drag you out of your very own private hell but all you get in response is we-couldn’t-care-less silence. That would help you make up your mind wouldn’t it?

Scratching the wound alleviates the itching. You just need to know where to stop.

2 Comments:

Blogger karnivol said...

very well written

26 August 2011 at 14:43  
Blogger balance said...

Ah, thank you! I value your opinion and I’m only glad you think so. Maybe I shouldn’t have picked so a morbid issue but then again death is an inseparable part of life. Avoiding the thought of it won’t make it disappear.

26 August 2011 at 15:13  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home