Friday 23 September 2011

... 114

“and now I can't tell the difference
don't know what to feel
between what I've been trying so hard to see
and what appears to be real.”


Huh, OK… Yesterday I beat myself up for my immature, irrational and by all means already unforgivable dwelling in the land of dreams. How am I supposed to have a normal life while I walk in the clouds while everybody else walks firmly on the ground? Is clinging to the idea of the unreal really holding me back, depriving me of a life I might’ve otherwise enjoyed? Or am I just keeping myself busy with the B-plan until all is set for the A-plan? Like driving a second-hand car until you save enough for a better one? OK, enough with car allusions.

Possible; anything is possible. That’s the strange thing about life-no one knows the answers in advance. But take dreams out of the picture and what does that leave you with? Is a car a dream? Is new furniture set a dream? Is a bigger salary a dream? No. Other words come to mind-goal, improvement, ambition, achievement…but not the “d” word. That word is preserved for the realm of the intangible and elusive, for the world where “precious” means not “pricey” but “priceless” and where the little things make a great difference; it exists in the place where the reason ends and the heart begins. To value not the gift but the consideration, to mind not the words but their meaning, to see beyond what’s visible, to give without being asked, to receive with gratitude, to spot the shiny grains of wonder in the sand of routine. Whatever keeps your spirit alive has to be good because without it life is merely a passage of time between birth and death.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home