Monday 16 April 2012

... 202


Easter passed-a holiday associated in these parts not so much with religion but more with Easter cake and, even more specifically, with eating piles of it. But not me-I didn’t even had a bite (one bite will lead to another and so one and so on-thanks but I’ve played this game far too many times to know the ending is always ugly) so when I go work tomorrow all my female colleagues will whine about how Easter feast has busted their diet and will once again ask how come I am so skinny. Did I force you to eat, did I? It’s irritating how people make remarks on my slimness as if preserving it is effortless. It isn’t. Yes, I’m pleased my weight is the same as it was in high school and, yes, it comes with a price. Everything has a price. “It's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't done”. That’s a nice piece of practical wisdom (verified mostly from the distance of time) but eating is one area it doesn’t apply to.
And, boy, you can't imagine how much I love food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home