Sunday 5 August 2012

... 236


I’m not going to the dog shelter today. I was there yesterday but there were only 6 or 7 of us which meant that for a single cage each volunteer had to make 4 rounds (2 rounds a dog) and because volunteers were insufficient I had to walk 2 dogs at once; and in between cages I had to carry buckets of fresh water for the dogs-because the dink it, they play in it (it gives them pleasure to jump in the water and splash it around which is fine but the water is all muddy after they’re done and needs changing). The heat yesterday was excruciating-it was even hard for the dogs to bear it but there was no way we’d stop ‘cause the job had to be done. Now every muscle in my body hurts and I move in a Robocop style. It would’ve been funny if it wasn’t painful. I’m physically unfit to go through that again today. And there’s that other thing: I couldn’t fall asleep last night until very, very late (it was so late it was already very early in the morning). The exhaustion was not only physical but emotional as well. I’d close my eyes and I’d see those lovely muzzles and begging eyes and wet noses…ah! I want to take them all home to take care of them and love them. ‘cause they deserve love-all the love in the world.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home