Sunday 17 February 2013

... 284

Yesterday morning I caught “Ally McBeal” on TV. In that episode John told Ally she’d be much happier alone than with someone; that being single was the better option for her than being in a relationship because no reality could ever be a match to her dreams, because reality would always be disappointing.

He’s right; of course. But he left out an important detail-that disappointment goes both ways. In my dreams I am happy and content and I don’t need to be rescued from myself because I am whole, invulnerable and unmistakable. In my dreams it’s eternal spring, people are gracious and there’s no reason to cry. But in reality I’m covered in scars and sadness leaks from every crack. What has been broken can not be whole again. Better buy a new model.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home