Saturday 7 June 2014

... 368

I find happiness hard to believe-but it doesn't matter if I believe it as long as it feels good. Only "now" matters. Short-term thinking can go a long way-to the very end actually. I prefer to arrive at the final destination lighthearted and content. That's how I see it now. And if tomorrow I see it differently I will be perfectly OK with that.

My birthday is just around the corner-in less than 20 days. I feel surprisingly indifferent about getting older but then again why worry about the inevitable? I can't, however, picture myself being 60 years old. I just can't. Sometimes I hope I'll never have to. And sometimes it's more than just a hope.

Happy moments expire quickly. But so do the sad ones. The latter just seem to last longer. The skill to manipulate your own perceptions is one of the benefits of having a birthday one too many.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home