Sunday 24 May 2015

... 440

My best friend's husband will return to Bulgaria in about a week. Their marriage is a peculiar one - he's in the USA, she's here in Bulgaria; he returns home twice a year for a couple of months each time and then goes back to the USA. Peculiar or not but it seems to work fine - they married over a decade ago and are still very much in love.

He is a great guy, really. They are so lucky to have found each other. But when he's here I don't get to see my friend much and then I miss her. And now she's pregnant and will soon give birth to a baby girl meaning I will lose her for a year at least. Sure, we will see each other - like maybe once every couple of months. Damn. No, I am not jealous, her happiness is a top priority for me...but I can't help thinking how lonely I will be. And I can't help wondering if we'll ever go back to being as close as before.

I know, nothing ever stays the same. I just wish there were exceptions to the rule.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home