Sunday 29 November 2015

... 495

I can't forgive my parents that they became old. I don't mean aging, of course - aging is not a matter of choice, needless to say no one can stop it. But they act and think and talk like old people, which IS a matter of choice and I can't forgive them for making that choice. Not trying to avoid it is simply sloppy.


Is that what awaits me too? I don't think so - of course I don't, but I don't think so at the present moment and I bet my parents haven't expected that they would change that way either. That Voltaire quote is still fresh in my mind: “Doubt is an uncomfortable condition, but certainty is a ridiculous one.”


I couldn't agree more. However, there is one thing I am certain of: I don't want to get old.

I'm not thrilled about aging either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home