Thursday 7 July 2016

BFF *

I'm not sure if I should call DeeDee one of my best friends. Best friends keep in touch more regularly than we do which is to meet once a year (this year we met twice but that doesn't count because she's in the final stage of pregnancy and won't be available for at least a year).

However, in terms of the respect I have for her, how dear she is to me, how much I trust her (totally), the fact that I feel comfortable to confess anything to her no matter how embarrassing, then yes, she is one of the most valuable people in my life.
(She doesn't read this blog so I can freely praise her :) )

Today she told me something that I am still trying to figure out. She said that now I was much more a person of extremes than I've been at the beginning of our friendship. What bugs me is not whether she's right or wrong (I couldn't care less if my imperfections are transparent for her - that's how much I trust her; pity she's not a boy :D ) but how it is possible that the way she sees me could be so different from the way I see myself.

I am anything but a person of extremes. But if I'm wrong about that could I be wrong about everything I think I am?
I could of course.

She also said that I was the most immaterial person she knows, meaning that I don't care to do things that make me feel good.

But I do care. They're just small-scale... except when they're grand and then they're really grand (like whoppingly pricey concert tickets). It's nothing or all.

Hmm, maybe I am a person of extremes after all.

* BFF - Best Friends Forever 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home