Friday 24 September 2010

Some poet I am...



 Who's to know anyway?

The life I never chose to have: it has
the sweetest scent of brimming rapture; so
distant and untouched in its perfection; so
fascinating in its could’ve been-ess.

I sink my hungry teeth to taste
illusions fleshless and divine.
My beggar’s feast-I suck them dry
of juices; there will be no waste.

What heals a bleeding soul
of wounds invisible and scars transparent?
The body’s whole but heart’s devoured;
skin shivers from internal cold.

Desires too obscure to name,
too precious to be vocalized,
too fragile to be touched by eyes-
desires burning like a flame.

I am a martyr in that flame
though I have never been a saint
and with my pain I come to claim
the life I never chose to have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home