Sunday 9 October 2011

... 120



What is it with Bulgarian men?! I already came to terms with my status of a single woman and if I still keep on checking the market now and then I do it out of pure curiosity and mere habit. The situation seems to be more than beyond all hope-it looks scary. If the supply reflects the demand then the requirements of women around here must have moved to the basement. Almost every man I lay my eyes on possesses the charm of a 5th generation redneck and the exquisiteness of a bulldozer. It’s not a question of shallow pretentiousness-such physical features come with manners and a temper to match (not to mention the blown out of proportions ego). Hey, I realize a relationship without compromises would end before it has even started and turning a blind eye to someone’s imperfections is not only necessary but fair as well-thus you not only acknowledge the other one’s positive qualities but also show gratitude to the other person for overlooking your own imperfections in return.


Turning a blind eye is something I have proved to be very good at (am I the last one to believe in the virtue of humbleness?) but shutting all your senses off is no longer a compromise-it’s a complete surrender to someone who does not deserve even the consideration of such a sacrifice and is a disrespect to your own self.

I do believe there is life on other planets-with that vast amount of space and stars and planets orbiting them that come in a number exceeding the limitations of human imagination there just has to be life somewhere out there. Given that it is only logical that there has to be someone walking this Earth at that very instant who is right for me. But, as in the above case, the discovery is unlikely to be made in my lifetime.

It is not my intention to pass the blame onto someone. I’m not accusing-just observing. Love is a wonderful thing but, as experience shows, you don’t die of a broken heart. Unfortunately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home