Monday 23 April 2012

Toothy


I have an idea for a vampire movie. The protagonist is a vampire who feeds on evil people solely and only thus making the world a safer and better place; a social worker…sort of. And he goes by the name of Robin Tooth. And given that vampires are immortal the number of sequels would be unlimited.

OK, last nigh I watched “Twilight” again. And I liked it even more than I did the first time and the first time I completely loved it. None of my friends or colleagues likes that movie-well, the truth is all of them think it’s the stupidest movie ever. And I…huh, when it was over I couldn’t fall asleep out of excitement. Embarrassing isn’t it? I, who am of age to be a mother of a teenager, to be 100 % behind the screaming army of teenage fans. Yes, really embarrassing. What can I do when I find the world of grown-ups to be a dreadful place full of serious and self-absorbed people?

And another thing-none of my lady friends finds the Edward character even a bit appealing. Umm, let me see-the pale skin, the slim body, the fragile appearance, the mystery in those eyes…out-and-out my dream type. The unworldly type.

But, of course, looks counts for nothing without matching personality, without the wholeheartedly unconditional declaration of devotion. I think that death wouldn’t be as scary if you’ve had something like that at least once in your lifetime. Because that is that scares me about my own death-that it might come before I’ve had the chance to experience an emotion so strong and fulfilling that it would make my existence worth. Imagine someone looking at you with such adoration-it would be to die for. Life is precious when there’s something precious in it; otherwise it’s just a waste of time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home