Saturday 15 November 2014

... 401

I had that giant shoebox full to the top with all the prints I've ever needed for the trips I've made so far dating back to early 2007. Past tense-the shoebox is empty; yesterday I threw all of its content. I have this habit of keeping everything when I'm on the road so apart from the electronic flight tickets, hotel reservations and printed maps there were also public transport tickets, hotel invoices, receipts (even cappuccino receipts)-all evidences I have been to these places were inside that box. Throwing away the first few pieces of paper was tough-as useless as they were but there was a strong sentiment attached to each one. 5-day Vienna pass from March 2007 and voila! -my mind goes back to those crazy days.

All gone.

You know, I was hoping that discarding that pseudo memorabilia would have a therapeutic effect of some sort but it didn't. It was just a pile of paper that went to the garbage can and that was it. What could've been a symbolic purgatory came out as a trivial housework. I feel somewhat cheated. Wishful thinking is no longer enough. I'm hungry for something real.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sasykes said...

You paraphrase your thoughts beautifully

12 December 2014 at 05:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home