Saturday 11 July 2015

... 453

Quality of life is about good/bad days ratio. Lately almost all days are bad and the rest are only not that bad. Can I apply for euthanasia?

I don't really mean it of course, I am old enough to know better than that. 

I read recently that a 24-old Belgian woman in a perfect physical condition was granted by the court a permission for assisted suicide. The reason? Clinical depression. I'm baffled by this news. 24 is too young an age and I don't mean that young people are not supposed to die - death is democratic when it comes to age. My point is that at 24 your mind is still a mess, you still don't know who you are and who you want to be. And I say it because it comes directly from my own experience. I had a strong death wish at 20; at 24 it was still there, stronger than ever; at 28 it was even stronger. Death wish was my permanent companion for a decade and a half until one day it dawned on me it was gone, gone for good. It's only over when it's over and until it's over there's always hope-even against all odds.

It's all in the head and sometimes your head is not to be trusted, not as yet. Death is only the ultimate solution, not the only one. It's good to have a choice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home